One of the first questions a client asks when calling our wildlife removal company in Charlotte and Surrounding areas is how much it will cost to remove wildlife from their home. While this is not an easy question to answer over the phone, I will do my best to explain general pricing guidelines for wildlife removal services. Hiring a Wildlife Removal Service is sort of like hiring someone to install new flooring for a room in your home. With so many options available, price ranges can vary drastically. Just as flooring can start at $2 per square foot for builder grade carpet, higher quality carpet, LVT or wood can be several dollars more per square foot, because they look better and last longer.
The same is true for Wildlife Removal Services. Below are some of the options that increase or decrease your cost. But first, here are the minimum industry standards recommended for Wildlife Removal Services.
1. Trap and Removal (humanely cages and removed ) vs One Way Valve (which simply allows them to go back to your yard). The nature of animals such as bats, raccoons, and squirrels can be persistent. Once they have made their home your home, they will try to find another way into your home. So, the best option is to move them completely from your home.
2. Sealing the entire home vs simply closing existing holes. As mentioned above, animals can be persistent. Bats are migratory and will come back to the same place every year. Both raccoons and squirrels will return to where they were born to have their litter which they have twice a year. So, the best option is to seal up your entire home to prevent the return of pesky animals. With BATS sealing the entire home is the only option. Bats will come right back to your home when they return.
3. In-person quotes vs over the phone quotes. It is bet to have someone to take a look at the situation to give you a price vs someone giving you a random number over the phone. Many factors come into play with pricing.
4. Certified Wildlife Removal Technician vs someone who is not certified. To trap and remove an animal from your property in NC must be certified by the NCWRC. A depredation permit must be written out for the homeowner, or the wildlife removal company could be fined hundreds of dollars.
5. Warranty Options – Reputable companies should offer a 1-5 year warranty on their work. A warranty shows that the wildlife company is confident in their work.
6. Always ask for pictures of their completed repairs. Many companies are good at removing animals, but not skilled carpenters who can professionally repair wood and metal. Your home is one of your most expensive assets. You want to take care of it, and you want someone who is working on your home to have that same pride.